Operations Supervisor – Manchester
About the Role
Our Core Values:
Empathy “We have each other’s backs. No role divides when help is needed”
Passion & Drive “We take pride in the job we do from start to finish and go that extra mile. We have unwavering determination to deliver”
Integrity “We talk to and treat others how we would expect to be treated, no matter the position within the company”
Customer Focussed “We create real value for our clients. Delighting and exceeding customer expectations”
Team “One Team, one goal”
This role is responsible for the day to day freight-forwarding operations within Manchester. Over-seeing a small multi-modal team and working in conjunction with our warehouse and future 3PL contract logistics team.
In this engaging, varied role, you will gain invaluable experience and have the chance to expand your skill set and begin to forge a successful career you can be proud of. You will both implement, and benefit from, our caring, friendly culture and strong social purpose. What’s more, our recipe for success has been to invest in our staff and, as such, you can take advantage of extensive development opportunities, making this a great role now and for your future.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involved in day to day operational activities.
- Client Liaison and escalation point for problems.
- Effective and efficient supervision of the operational team.
- Ensure service levels are maintained.
- Support the team in their daily duties.
- Address failures and analyse root cause.
- Analyse trends on conformance failures to implement change.
- Deal with non-standard issues as they arise.
- Train new staff in Xpand procedures
- Empower staff and encourage progression.
- Identify and implement new procedures.
- Identify potential sales opportunities and signpost them to the correct departments.
- Support the Branch Manager.
- Minimum 3-5 years supervisory experience across both Air & Ocean
- Clear communications skills, with the ability to influence others.
- Leads by example, encouraging and coaching others to communicate effectively with the right people, at the right time using the right medium.
- Able to present arguments in a grammatically correct, structured and easily understood way.
- Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve themselves.
- Understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; can work to deploy strengths; and can work on compensating for weaknesses and limits.
- Able to build relationships with team members, along with celebrating and rewarding success.
- Confidence to make innovative changes to achieve business success.
- Knowledge and experience of AEO
Key Performance Indicators:
- Regular check ins and appraisals.
- Customer feedback.
- Feedback from Management and Peers.
- Minimal escalations from clients and colleagues.
- Revenue and cost control.
This job description is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.